Kristin Myren is a go-getter. She had multiple job offers before she even graduated college. She had set her sights on working for a specific company in her dream location in the state of Colorado, and achieved that goal within 1 year of graduation. Kristin crushed her internship, creating a student wellness program for the University of Arizona Campus Recreation Office that left her internship preceptor raving that Kristen was the best intern she had ever had. This program was so well received, one of the largest non-profit community health centers in the United States had Kristin come and present her program to their leadership. Kristin provides tips galore, so listen and learn!
Kristin Myren is a corporate health manager with Elevation Corporate Health and a graduate of the University of Arizona. She earned a BS with a major in Public Health from the Zuckerman College of Public Health, where she was advised by yours truly, Alan Beaudrie. She is currently pursuing her MBA in Health Administration from the University of Colorado and aspires to work in a healthcare consulting role in the corporate sector.
- Intern at organizations (typically larger ones) that hire their interns.
- Take the time to find an internship that really matches what you want to do. Or better yet, create your own internship!
- Network! Develop relationships with key people in your area.
- Be proactive and plan ahead – save time in your last semester to be able to apply for jobs and have a job lined up before you graduate.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative and create your own internship – it is something that you can really be passionate about and can really run with it
Internships at Elevation Corporate Health: http://elevationcorporatehealth.com/our-team/internships/
LinkedIn – Kristin Myren